[savannah-help-public] [sr #109444] Trying to set up git source repo

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109444] Trying to set up git source repo
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 18:52:35 -0500 (EST)

Hello Jesse.  It looks like you did not enable a git repository for your
project.  (I guess that is because you are the "newguy", haha.)  Savannah
supports a long list of source code repositories and it would be very
confusing if every project automatically enabled every different source code
system.  Therefore they are enabled when configured.

The normal thing is for a project admin to enable git (or any of the other
systems) in the web control panel.  I went ahead and did this for the sysvinit
project.  It doesn't seem useful to require one of the project admins to do
it.  What's the worst that can happen?  Someone might check in some source
code.  Sounds good to me.

For reference this is the process:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/sysvinit/

Then select "Select features".  Then select the features wanted.  In this case
it is git.  Then submit.  That's all there is to it.  This puts the creation
of the repository into the queue to be created when the half-hourly task
runner performs the queued work.

Looking at the time now it should be created at 5 minutes after the top of the
hour.  (or 35 minutes after, just fyi for others reading when this is done)

I'll leave the ticket open while this is in process.

Please let us know that you were able to get going with this.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109444>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/