Re: [savannah-help-public] [GSoC] Quick Update on Fuzzing

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] [GSoC] Quick Update on Fuzzing
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 16:20:28 -0600

Hello Werner,

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > What's more, Werner agreed to have an official mirror of FreeType at
> > https://github.com/freetype/freetype.  As of now, I am not sure if
> > Savannah supports server-side git hooks (does anyone know?).
>
> please answer this...

Yes.  Savannah's repositories allow hooks.  There is no automated
mechanism for installing them however.  Please simply ask the Savannah
Hacker team to install them.  We are happy to do so.

> > I know that cvs root access is definitely prohibited, I couldn't
> > find anything on git though.  Alternatively, if server-side hooks
> > are no option, we could also have a cron job that updates the mirror
> > once an hour or so.
>
> And this :-)

Same thing.  We are happy to do whatever makes sense.  There are a
handful of projects with cron jobs to sync (some by rsync, some by
other sync'ing methods) their repositories.

I assume that question isn't about just doing it by cron though
because any party can mirror using cron.  I am guessing the real
question is can it be done in a hook so that most of the time (when it
doesn't fail for some reason) that it will be event driven and
immediately available in the mirror.

Bob