Re: [savannah-help-public] git.sv.gnu.org flaky; pumprock.net connection

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] git.sv.gnu.org flaky; pumprock.net connection refused
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 02:01:10 -0600

Hi Paul,

Paul Eggert wrote:
> git.sv.gnu.org was flaky a few minutes ago. Sometimes it would work, and
> sometimes not; see transcript below.

I can only say that the git host system seems to be operating
normally.  I haven't seen any trouble from it today.  So perhaps it
was the backbone network between.  Don't know.

If the problem persists please make another report.  I was able to
clone gnulib a moment ago from Boston to Colorado.  Hopefully it was
just a temporary problem.

> When I visit https://pumprock.net/fsfstatus for the out-of-band status
> report for Savannah status, I get "Connection refused". Has that the
> fsfstatus URL changed? It's still listed at
> https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/NotSavannahAdmins/ and other places.

For some time pumprock.net has been offline for reasons I don't know
but are outside of anyone's control.  Therefore the 3rd party status
had moved to https://quitter.se/fsfstatus December 2016.  I just
updated the wiki page with that information.  However the web copy
hasn't updated yet.  If it doesn't update Monday I will investigate
why.  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.  I hadn't realized
it was in the documentation there.

However https://quitter.se/fsfstatus isn't responding to me at this
time.  I don't know anything about the status of it but will ask the
FSF admins on Monday.  If it isn't one thing it is another. :-(

Bob