[sr #110173] Add support for git repositories to the soc-projects group

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [sr #110173] Add support for git repositories to the soc-projects group
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 18:14:53 -0500 (EST)

Update of sr #110173 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #1:

The group type of the soc-project is "www.gnu.org portions" and that is why
there is no ability to enable version repositories.

I changed the type of the project to "non-GNU software and documentation".
There are limited types available to choose from and I cannot myself dub this
an Official GNU Project and therefore the best type is this one.

The License for the project is GNU Free Documentation License.  Please let us
know if that should change.

Now that the project type has been changed please log into the web interface,
click "Select Features", enable Git, and submit. There is a cronjob that runs
every hour which will create the git repository.  Check back in an hour and
the repository will be available.

I will get ahead of things and say that if you wish a directory to be created
for additional git repositories please reply and make a request as that is a
manual operation. There is no web interface for it. But we will be happy to do
so for you. Just let us know.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110173>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/