Re: Permission denied

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Permission denied
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 16:52:05 -0700

Isaac Keslassy wrote:
> I do not manage to ssh to cvs.savannah.gnu.org (I am a new member of gnubg).
> Please find details below. I probably missed an obvious step. Any ideas?

Thank you for the debug trace from ssh.  That's great! :-)

It looks the key format you stored to your page is faulty.  Log into
the web UI and go to this page.

    https://savannah.gnu.org/my/admin/editsshkeys.php

I see that you have three fingerprints stored.  But instead of what is
there they need to be in ssh key format.  It looks like you stored the
"ssh-add -l" output there.  Instead of doing that copy the
~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub file contents there.

I suggest deleting all three of what you have stored.  Then copying
one key that you are using.

Here is an example for me here.  This is my ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub file
contents.

    ssh-rsa
AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQDaJqp76XM9S/dXQtHlRfIN6YiUJIIuJlEdnAxpdM+CApzultPN+l15/1VaAWdaz0GfdP3iKNM+C2cTXGpYY46IjZIuLo0+9LvwyZtFg8Z5GrZvCkYU0wDOO36NZhbe23XES5R6pXqXVD807d7Wr0F1bKemR6drbWJ79cC8dQdGFsuRRgN3vTWNillzl2/SkAv+/1UblIWcMgMLpco7wSdR3fkemNACn4e4S9q95Ddb3O41f51BLGptbL4W86kVPKLxEFLv0B1INQ3Lzqu5N9ATlSgv6KGL5X669BcSS5THL1W7K4gwK6vNejF/vVJ8iGI/jsBw12NydDBjuhK9zjAz
 rwp@desktop

Or the newer ed25519 keys are okay too.  Definitely more compact.

    ssh-ed25519
AAAAC3NzaC1lZDI1NE5ATAAAIFrb8xu/FvLHbd7jvPcygm1CcamoaXtBkrfRrxwlHKa8 rwp@desktop

The problem looks to be simply that the wrong format of the key is
stored in the form field.  Change things to OpenSSH format and I am
sure it will be working then.  Here is our reference page on the
details of setting up ssh access.

    https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SshAccess/

If not...  Let us know and we will dig a little deeper into things! :-)

Sorry this is a rushed response.

Bob