Re: People are reporting no commit messages on www-commits

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: People are reporting no commit messages on www-commits
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 22:57:25 -0700

Richard Stallman wrote:
> I don't know who is responsible for this area.
> Is it you?  If not, please tell the right person or group,
> and please also tell me who that is.

This is a good place for this report.  Thank you for notifying us.

Between Dora's 5am report and now the problem was already discovered
by others and has now been fixed.

Root cause was Sunday's storage array failure, which caused a timeout
and fatal error of the mail transfer agent on the CVS machine and no
MTA was running this week.  All of the mail queued.  None was lost.
We rebooted the system to ensure that everything would reset cleanly
because if there was this one problem then maybe there was another one
too.  Rebooting started everything okay.  All of the mail went out.
There are now lots of commit mails logged at
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/www-commits/2021-03/index.html

Just in case there are other problems on the other systems we will go
ahead and reboot all of them.  But by the time this was discovered it
was already late on a Friday.  Will queue all of the other machines
for reboots next week during daylight work hours.

Bob