[sr #110536] Web Pages Not Being Exported

From: Jason Self
Subject: [sr #110536] Web Pages Not Being Exported
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 19:43:08 -0400 (EDT)

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

The maintainer of GNU Anastasis reported that the changes he makes to the CVS
web repo do not show up on gnu.org. This is because it's not showing up in
https://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/

Amin Bandali tells me that it's a known issue that's been happening on the
savannah side for a while, affecting both gnu and nongnu projects.

As a temporary workaround I have manually added the files from the CVS
repository to the web server and https://www.gnu.org/software/anastasis exists
now.

Doing this manually is not ideal because the changes made to the CVS repo on
Savannah will not propagate to the web server but this should work for now.
Until the underlying matter of why GNU Anastasis isn't included in
https://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/ is solved, if the maintainer needs
to make any changes to the web page they'll need to first commit the changes
into the CVS web repo on Savannah and then ask the GNU Webmasters to manually
pull the latest version and install it on the web server.

Opening this ticket to track the status of resolving the underlying issue of
not being included in https://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110536>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/