[sr #110693] Resend Confirmation Email Failed

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [sr #110693] Resend Confirmation Email Failed
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 16:47:41 -0400 (EDT)

Update of sr #110693 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #1:

Thank you for the report.  This was due to a misconfiguration which took me
way too long to figure out.  Fixed now.

Found the systemd config included NoNewPrivileges=yes which completely breaks
things. It prevents all suid in child processes such as /usr/sbin/sendmail and
anything else too.  Completely breaking it.

I removed that restriction and all is working again.  Upgraded all to the
latest security releases.  All seems okay now.

The file with this configuration was set up May 27 therefore presumably apache
had not been restarted since then.

On the 12th I took the later Trisquel point release which included apache and
the restart on the 12th got that config setup from May 27th for the first
time. This added to the confusion since from my perspective only the security
patch release had happened recently and the change from May 27th was over the
horizon old. But it was just a long "hang-fire". Fixed now.

Tragically this ticket did could not send email either and could not notify
the team and I only learned of it after debugging the problem to conclusion.

In any case I believe things are working again now. Closing this ticket.

See also https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110692

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110693>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/