[Savannah-register-public] [task #3924] Submission of Isar Mathematical

From: Slawomir Kolodynski
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #3924] Submission of Isar Mathematical Library
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:26:39 +0000

Jonathan,
Thank you for reviewing my code.

>you had licensed the
> 'Fol1.thy' file
> under the GNU GPL, did you already know it?

No. It was my intention to license everything under the modified BSD
license.

>if you
> do not have
> problems with this point, we can approve your
> project

I understand the suggestion.
Unfortunately, the auhors of Isabelle (the theorem prover my project depends
on) made a mistake of licensing their software under the modified BSD
license. I have made a reluctant decision to use the same license to allow
the code to flow freely between my project and Isabelle without any licensing
issues, real or imaginary.
If none of my code is included in the official Isabelle distribution during
the first year of my project's public existence I will change the license to
GPL. I plan to require the contributors (if any) to give me a permission in
advance to do that.

I hope my project will still get approved, even though its license is not the
best for free software.

Regards,
Slawomir

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3924>