[Savannah-register-public] [task #4368] Submission of Galien, a Python f

From: Steve Edwards
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4368] Submission of Galien, a Python front end to the Debian
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 17:09:59 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Site Admin. Approval/Edition URL:
 <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7785>

###### ORIGINAL SUBMISSION DETAILS ######

System Group Name:
-----------------
  galien

Full Name:
----------
  Galien, a Python front end to the Debian

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

Other License:
--------------

------------
  I intend to write a Python front end to the GNU/Linux Debian tool Alien.
It will have all the functionality of the command line application, but, it
will be neatly rolled into a smart and functional GUI. I will write this
software for the Gnome Desktop Environment and the design and software
specification will follow the Gnome User Interface Guidelines.
The software will be called Galien and will be published under the GNU GPL.
All art work and documentation will be freely available and no gifs or any
other non free file formats or software tools will be used to create or run
this application. Galien will allow batch file conversions as well as single
file conversions and will seperate all supported Alien file formats into
individual treeviews. The user interface will be built using the Gnome tool
Glade and will be linked directly to the Python code for functionality. I have
not yet started to write this application, but, I intend to start coding in
the near future. I have no source code for this project. Thank you for your
time. Steve Edwards

Other Software Required:
  Alien 8.52
Python 2.3.5