[Savannah-register-public] [task #4373] Submission of GlobalPlatform

From: Karsten Ohme
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4373] Submission of GlobalPlatform
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:37:46 +0000

I have an now have a project hosted at sourceforge. I have problems
meeting the criteria of your hosting service. You mentioned that the
depency on OpenSSl is critical (It's a BSD license and anybody can use
it?) and a replacement would be GnuTLS. This library looks useable and
pretty good, but depends an some other libraries itself. OpenSSL is more
compact and does not need this. One big problem is the support of
Windows and at the moment GnuTLS depends on the Gnu build system. This
is fine for Unix systems, but a support for Windows would be necessary,
if not systems like MinGW are compatible with this. I haven't tried but
I have also not read a success story of this with Google.
I had success to compile the Java stuff with gjc 4.0, but I haven't
tried out the Swing components. It would be surprising if this works.

So, I skip this project at Savannah.

Karsten

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4373>