[Savannah-register-public] [task #4529] Submission of GNUzilla

From: Ray Dryden
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4529] Submission of GNUzilla
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 07:27:10 -0500

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7880>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  GNUzilla

System Group Name:
-----------------
  gnuzilla

Type:
-----
  Official GNU software

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

Other License:
--------------
  http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/MPL-1.1.txt
http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/NPL-1.1.html

------------
  The GNUzilla Project is the GNU/Linux 'Free Software' version of the ever
popular Mozilla.org Source Code.  (http://mozilla.org/source.html)

With the 'ever-increasing' popularity of the new Mozilla.org 'FireFox' Web
Browser, GNUzilla will provide the 'GNU/Linux' version of same, to be dubbed
'IceWeasel' as the First stage of our GNU/Linux - Mozilla Source Code
Compilation Integration merging.
(http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-1.0.6&os=linux&lang=en-US)

Mozilla.org has moved towards the development of it's Web Browser 'FireFox',
and its news and email Application 'Thunderbird', much to the detriment of
the  'Mozilla Applicatiion Suite'.  The 'Suite' will now be developed under
Project name 'SeaMonkey', outside mozilla.org.
(http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/)

Upon completion of GNUzilla's First Program Development (IceWeasel), we will
secondly move right into the development of GNU/Linux version of 'SeaMonkey'
(Suite) we shall dub 'LessZilla'.

ALL GNUzilla Programs will basically BE Mozilla Source Builds, with the major
exception being the implementation of NO proprietary softwares, including
plug-ins, according and adhereing to the GPL.

Other Software Required:
------------------------
  http://mozilla.org/source.html
http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-1.0.6&os=linux&lang=en-US
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/

The Plug-in dependencies are yet to be determined as I will test which 'free
software' alternatives work best for desired end result.

Other Comments:
  This Project is already approved and appointed to me as Maintainer by
Richard Stallman.  <address@hidden>

My mentor, Karl Berry <address@hidden>, has graciously offered to
assist in this endeavor, as I learn GNU/Savannah Processes.

Please list Richard Stallman and Karl Berry (if acceptable to each gentleman)
as major Contributors to this Project GNUzilla.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4529>