[Savannah-register-public] [task #4574] Submission of MyMoney

From: Michal Hucik
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4574] Submission of MyMoney
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:08:44 +0000

Hi,

thank you for the info you've sent me. Please, be so kind and let me know the
result of your investigation regarding LaTeX License.

ad 1)

My project name came into existence six years ago (in 1999), when I wrote a
first experimental version software for Accounting. The primary version made
use only the database MySQL, so I took a prefix 'My'.
In 2004 I decided to open this project again and completely rewrite it. Basic
functions and design continue to be same,  therefore I would like to remain to
original name.

ad 2,3)

Will you agree with this characterization of the project?

Short description:

Free software for single and double entry by czech
accounting law (in Czech language only), designed to work on POSIX-X11
(GNU/Linux,...).

Long description:

Free software for Accounting in the Czech Republic.
Main purpose is to write an accounting program for free use,
because there is not good free alternative for this.
Also legislation in the Czech Republic is complicated and laws are often
changed.
For this project I selected Perl as a main programming language and
Gtk2 for GUI interface.
Software is primary designed to work on POSIX-X11 (GNU/Linux,...).
For data storage may be used MySQL or PostgreSQL.

ad 5)

I have added the statement (for the GPL) into header all of source files. I
have completed the file "COPYING", and files "README" in the directories with
the pictures and configuration data.
For the latest version, please see
http://www.ordoz.com/mymoney/mymoney_snapshot.tgz

Regards,