[Savannah-register-public] [task #4602] Submission of Virtual World

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4602] Submission of Virtual World
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:46:27 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3:

Quotation from Andreas Bergler <abergler> per PM:
Hi Sebastian,

I hope my English is not to bad so you can understand.

I had a few problems with my computer last week (my motherboard had a little
burn out with some smoke on it, it was realy an indian ;-). Indian? Perhaps
good working name for the first version.

Of course I want to host it on Savannah.
At the moment I want to start the project. So it is no source code existing.
But before source code is comming, an architecture must be developed,
perhaps
Umbrello will help with this work. Of course each file will include a notice
to the GPL.

The software will be licensed under the GPL Version 2 or later.

The source should be written in C/C++ and compatible with the GNU C compiler
(Version ? at the moment). The software will use Qt (Version 4 or later) and
OpenGL (Version ? at the moment). Other librarys will be included if
necessary but only if they comply with the GPL.

The basic idea behind the software is to have a library and also some tools
based on this library that are able to combine and display georeferenced
data. The georeferenced data will be combined and stored in a database. For
example to combine DTED (free data is available NIMA) with e.g. GEOTIFF and
VMAP or other georeferenced data. The user later can chose a point on the
earth and the corresponding data will be displayed to the user.

The aim is to have a good library for other projects like flight simulators
or navigation software.

If you have some other questions please feel free to ask.

Andy

<---------------< End of quotation <--------------<

Hello Andy. :-)

Your projects meets the Savannah requirements, except that we cannot review
your source code yet.

We can approve it, and review the code in the near future (or better, at your
request).
We will among other check if the source files contain appropriate copyright
notice and permission-to-copy statements
at the beginning of every file of source code. Our review would help catch
potential legal issues early.

If then the source code does not meet our requirements (for example, non-free
dependencies),
we will then discuss the issue and possibly remove the project from
Savannah.

Is this ok for you?

Regards,

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4602>