[Savannah-register-public] [task #5262] Submission of TsumeGNU

From: Hans-Georg Breunig
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5262] Submission of TsumeGNU
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 11:09:37 +0000

Hello Sebastian,

thank you for your clarifications.

Unfortunatly, there is no project that one could contribute to. Problems in
the game of Go denote special board situations where only one or very few
move sequences lead to a desirable outcome.
For an introduction to the Game of Go see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(board_game) .
For information about Problems (Tsumego) see http://senseis.xmp.net/?Tsumego
.

This project is meant as a complementary project to GNU Go, a Go playing
engine which is part of GNU.

There is a proprietary program that solves problems in the game of Go called
gotools ( http://lie.math.brocku.ca/gotools/ ). This project aims to replace
gotools with free software.

There are no technical requirements besides an ANSI C compiler. No external
libraries are needed. Currently, the program only uses file and terminal I/O.
The software is being developed and tested on a GNU/Linux system with both gcc
and tcc.

In a couple days, I will send you the source code by email.

Regards,
Hansi

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5262>