[Savannah-register-public] [task #5506] Submission of remstats-ng

From: Arne Rusek
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5506] Submission of remstats-ng
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:22:14 +0200

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=8510>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  remstats-ng

System Group Name:
-----------------
  remstats-ng

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  A fork of an already dead project Remstats in Python.

See http://remstats.sourceforge.net/release/index.html

I work in NetCentrum ltd. http://centrum.cz/. We use Remstats as our
performance monitoring system. It works nicely except performance data
collectors were obsolete for the current kernels. I've written a new remstats
status server which we now intend to release it as a free software and keep
maintaining it. It is compatible and works perfectly with remstats, however
as the project is unmaintained, we intend to write remstats-ng which will be
used together with this status server for the presentation of data. The tests
that are implemented include: CPU (% in idle, system, ...), LOAD, UPTIME,
NFSD, NFS, MYSQL, APACHE, MEMINFO, DISKSTATS and a few minor ones.

        Now only centrum-status-server is available together with
configuration of remstats for the data being monitored. This could be used,
as I said, together with the original Remstats. And the rest is in the
planning phase.

        Project is already packaged in debian packages. And works for the
network of approximately 120 hosts.

The whole graphing is build upon RRDTool.
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/

Other Software Required:
------------------------
  Python http://python.org/
STunnel http://stunnel.org/
Remstats http://remstats.sourceforge.net/release/index.html
RRDTool http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/
Apache http://apache.org/
mysql-admin part of MySQL server http://mysql.org/

Other Comments:
  I've sent an email about where to send the source code to savannah-hackers
with the subject: "remstats-ng source code/project approval"

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5506>

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/