[Savannah-register-public] re: [task #5860] Submission of Fonty Python

From: Donn
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] re: [task #5860] Submission of Fonty Python
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 21:11:11 +0200

Sebastian,
Thank you for looking my project over. I will make the changes you suggest.

>Do you really want to provide the "description" file along with your tarball?
>f so, you shouldn't tell the reader that "they
>are all GPL related" - if mod* BSD/LGPL license are "GPL related" is not
>defined. ;-)
This is the first time I have created an 'installer' with Python. I was
struggling to get the files to where I wanted them to go. I also left that
description file for you guys to read.
I will exclude it in my next attempt.

>On the other hand, your COPYING file should be on the top level directory in
>your tarball (./COPYING).
Same story I am afraid. I will make a copy and put it in the tld of the
tarball. I will also leave it in things/ as this is a place I point users to
to go and read it. If it stays in the tld then they could delete it all when
they clean up after the installation.

>Furthermroe the .png files don't have any license/copyright notice.
>Please include a README file in the directory of your images and write there
>copyright and license
>notices of them down.
This is most strange. I used mogrify to add a comment field to each of those
pics. If you run "identify -verbose tick.png" you will see it.
Please let me know how to properly embed a copyright into the png files.
I will also create a separate file as you suggest.

Do I have to re-register now, or can I upload the next attempt tarball to the
same account?

Regards,
Donn Ingle