[Savannah-register-public] [task #6633] Submission of distroname

From: Juan Manuel Borges Caño
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6633] Submission of distroname
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 12:51:32 +0000

Hello.
Yes, maybe improve lsb_release is a solution, but I think that lsb
stands for Linux Standard Base so the goals are not the same. They should
change their goals to catch all the possible distributions of the world. This
are the goals of distroname. It uses lsb_release to reuse the linux standard
base distribution detection, but goes more far than linux systems.
I think it can be useful for configuration applications, that depends on the
distribution, and need to know it.
But if you think it is not useful to have it on savannah, it isn't a problem
to me.

Regards.

(file #12426)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: distroname-0.0.3.tar.bz2       Size:44 KB

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?6633>