[Savannah-register-public] [task #6965] Submission of FIV/FIM: Fbi IMpro

From: dezperado
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6965] Submission of FIV/FIM: Fbi IMproVed
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 07:48:42 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9317> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9317>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *FIV/FIM: Fbi IMproVed*
* System Name:  *fiv*
* Type: non-GNU software & documentation
* License: GNU General Public License V2 or later

----

http://code.autistici.org/svn/fim/

FIV/FIM: Fbi IMproVed

Fim aims to be a highly customizable and scriptable image
 viewer targeted at the users who are confortable with software
 like the Vim text editor or the Mutt mail user agent.

It is based on the Fbi image viewer, by Gerd Hoffmann, and works in the
framebuffer console (so, it is not an X progam! ).

It works on Linux boxes with the framebuffer device enabled.

Fim should differ from existing image viewers because of its embedded
scripting language and configurability options (the .fimrc file should be its
configuration file, in the style of most Unix programs).

It differs from the existing image viewers like kuickshow. eog, ... because
it does not use nor requires X, but works in the framebuffer.

Its strength is the inspiration from Vim, like regulare expressions in image
selection, integrability in external shell scripts, autocommands, and the
inter
nal scripting capabilities.

It is coded as a mixture of C,C++,Yacc, and comes with a wrapper shell script
for opening files which are on the web or convert file formats prior to
displa
ying.

==== Other Software Required: ====
Only free software libraries are used :)

==== Other Comments: ====
I noticed that the name fim, as I desired, is already reserved on savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/fim/.

I think you can't do nothing about it, and i doubt the savannah/fim author
will agree to change its project name for me, so right now i choose another
name for my project, for the sole purposes of being 'compatible' with
savannah.

But i wish to ask : if in the future the project name 'fim' gets freed (say
the fim owner ), will be there a way to get it for my project ?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?6965>