[Savannah-register-public] [task #7913] Submission of OpenMachines

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7913] Submission of OpenMachines
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 20:27:53 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => Beuc

Follow-up Comment #3:

Hi,

We are careful about our wording, and wish to promote "free software" rather
than "open source". The two concepts are close in practice, but do not put
emphasis on the same values.
(check http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html for
more information).

The Savannah hosting services are reserved to projects that share the GNU
values, and we review all projects that are submitted in this regard. So this
is very much about the free software philosophy, and this implies we do not
accept any project, including those who advertise as "open" :)

We would be glad if you accept to use "free" instead of "open" in your
project name.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?7913>