[Savannah-register-public] [task #7925] Submission of Ravi Mishra

From: ravi mishra
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7925] Submission of Ravi Mishra
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 09:09:39 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9769> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9769>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *Ravi Mishra*
* System Name:  *rfs*
* Type: non-GNU software & documentation
* License: GNU General Public License v2 or later (Our Project Don't need any
Additional License.)

----

Purpose :
  Provide a facility to mount file system of the one OS to another OS, using
Remote Procedure Call Mechanism. Specifically for Free BSD (UFS)  to be
mounted on LINUX file system(ext3) machine, using the RPC as programming
language.
Topic :
   Our project cover the Implementation of remote file system,understanding
the architecture of different-different file system like ext3,UFS(Unix File
System)
Programming Language:
   C,RPC language
Special:
1. In existing Implementation Of Remote file system using RPC provide vary
Limited option for client OS to preform operation on HOST OS  but i our
project implemented total 14 type of operation which can perform a client
OS(system) on Host OS Remotely.
2. here we Implemented RPC for Free BSD as a Host OS till now we got
implementation  for only for same file system in different OS or System.
   We have done Implementation of RPC for different-different file system as
well as for different-different Operating System.

==== Other Software Required: ====
RIGHT NOW IN OUR PROJECT I DON'T HAVE ANY DEPENDENCIES.

==== Tarball URL: ====
http://savannah.gnu.org/submissions_uploads/RemoteFileSystem.tar.gz

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?7925>