[Savannah-register-public] [task #8056] Submission of pov-mode.el

From: Marco Pessotto
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8056] Submission of pov-mode.el
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 09:49:13 +0000

Hi!

I think that in your explaining something is wrong. The mode I maintain is
free software (under the GPL3). This is a major mode for GNU Emacs, for which
I signed a copyright assignment to the FSF. Richard Stallman asked me to do so
for inclusion in GNU Emacs and the process is going on.

I'll make an example: kpovmodeller (a modeller for POV-mode) is shipped with
every version of KDE and is free software.
If you don't want I upload the tarball with the template files (which license
should the the POV-Ray license but the POV team itself is not sure about this
because these files can be freely inserted in the file scenes) I won't do so,
and I will try something else. (I could rewrite this stuff). But the code
itself is free as free speech, even if talks about a "proprietary" program (I
consider this "non-free", but not proprietary). Please see the wikipedia page
about the POV-Ray license.

However, someone is wrong: or RMS, asking me to track the previous
maintainers and contributors of the code, to sign and send the paper, or you,
denying me a couple of kilobytes for this project.

So, I'm waiting for a reply.

Regards

Marco Pessotto

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?8056>