[Savannah-register-public] [task #8580] Submission of RPGNU Library

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8580] Submission of RPGNU Library
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 17:18:09 +0000

Hello Danilo,

I appreciate your enthusiasm and support for GNU!  I don't want to
dampen it.  I'm glad you are online from Argentina now and can
contribute.

However, looking at your tarball, I have to say that I don't think it's
ready to become an official GNU package.  Your own readme says it's not
functional or even installable.  And GNU packages need to have
documentation in English, not just Spanish (sorry -- maybe you can find
someone to help translate, when the time comes?).

I see no problem with hosting it on savannah, but it needs to be non-GNU
for now.  After you have had a chance to develop it further, you can
submit it to become an official GNU package again
(http://gnu.org/help/evaluation.html).

How does that sound?

Best wishes,
address@hidden