[Savannah-register-public] [task #8605] Submission of storeBackup

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8605] Submission of storeBackup
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:20:02 +0000

Hello Heinz-Josef,

I finally had a chance to take a look at your tarball.  Per
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToGetYourProjectApprovedQuickly
there are a couple of things I need to ask you to change before we can
approve the project:

- you used GNU/Linux in most places, but a couple instances of "Linux" remain
in the README, and one in the ChangeLog.  Please fix this.  You're obviously
aware of the issue, so I'd approve it anyway, except for:

- many of your small top-level files lack a copyright notice.  Please add the
standard GPL notice (or something compatible, like the all-permissive license
we use in GNU).

- and the README says "storeBackup is licensed under the GPL v3" (thank you),
but please add "or any later version" to that statement to avoid confusion.
More importantly, the actual notice a few lines after that says "version 2 of
the license", so that needs to be updated to avoid inconsistency.

- one final thing, the FSF hasn't been at 675 Mass Ave (given in the README)
for some years :).  Please use the notice for GPLv3 that you used in the other
files.

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks,
Karl