[Savannah-register-public] [task #8869] Submission of moonOS

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8869] Submission of moonOS
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 00:32:25 +0000

Nicodemo, a standalone translation program doesn't sound any different than
any other normal project, but that doesn't sound like what Tim wants to do.

Tim, your desire to create a free software distribution for your country is
all to the good and I hope you succeed.  But from the perspective of freedom,
you should start with gNewSense instead of Ubuntu (which includes many nonfree
packages).  And from the perspective of savannah resources, my understanding
is that we can't host an entire distro.

gNewSense is said to be developed in such a way as to make it easy to create
different flavors of distros.  I don't have any personal experience with it.

Karl

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?8869>