[Savannah-register-public] [task #9211] Submission of See

From: Sebastian Gerhardt
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9211] Submission of See
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:51:45 +0000

        Percent Complete:                     70% => 100%

Follow-up Comment #3:

Hi there,

#Just to be sure, if I read you correctly what I need to do in this regard
is:
#1) add "(or any later)" back in.
#2) add the same license note to see.h
#3) add a copyright section to the man page (hopefully we do not need a whole
copy of the license again there?)
#4) copyright/license the png images (yes, I created them from nothing) --
Ihad not thought of this (they are not exactly major works of art), will it do
to just use the same licence note as found in the .c and .h files?

ad 1) Yes, we kind of insist on this phrase because it ensures legal cross
compatibility for each project hosted on Savannah even in the future.

ad 4) We just need a short text explicitly mentioning the rights the receiver
of the images has. A short note in "filelist" like:
License and copyright for seeon.png and seeoff.png:
Copyright (C) Name Date
Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are
permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this
notice are preserved.

I see you addressed point 1 to 3 and approve your project now, trusting you
to do 4 soon. Welcome on board.

Good luck with your project.

PS: The reason why we are so picky about even minor things like the picture's
license is that the review process is usually the only time where we can point
out potential problems. So if we have told the maintainer in the beginning, he
or she will hopefully keep up this practice in the future while the projects
grows in effort and complexity.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?9211>