[Savannah-register-public] [task #10340] Submission of Basic Utilities I

From: Pasko Boris
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10340] Submission of Basic Utilities I Like To Use
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:31:59 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=10532> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=10532>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *Basic Utilities I Like To Use*
* System Name:  *builtu*
* Type: non-GNU software & documentation
* License: GNU Lesser General Public License

----

This project is a collection of Java libraries that bring some basic
functionality to Java projects, including:
- Unix-like module configuration system
- Extended unit-testing support (based on JUnit)
- Web service mock testing
- Some specific collections implementations, including N-graphs
- Spring & hibernate integration
- Fast deep object tree cloning suport
- ...

This library has been extensively used for several years in several realworld
Java projects and has been matured enough to be released as open-source to be
freely shared.

==== Other Software Required: ====
All dependencies are fetched from Maven (http://www.maven.org) and are
compatible with terms of GNU GPL and/or GNU LGPL.
The current list is:
NAME:FILE:VERSION:BINDING LICENCE URL
antlr:antlr:jar:2.7.6:compile BSD http://www.antlr.org/license.html
aopalliance:aopalliance:jar:1.0:compile LGPL
http://aopalliance.sourceforge.net/
asm:asm:jar:3.1:compile ASM http://asm.ow2.org/license.html
backport-util-concurrent:backport-util-concurrent:jar:3.1:compile CCPDL
http://backport-jsr166.sourceforge.net/index.php
cglib:cglib:jar:2.2:compile ASL http://cglib.sourceforge.net/license.html
apache-commons:several files:several versions:compile ASL
http://commons.apache.org/
hsqldb:hsqldb:jar:1.8.0.10:test BSD http://hsqldb.org/web/hsqlLicense.html
javassist:javassist:jar:3.11.0.GA:compile MPL
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/jboss/licenses/javassist.license
junit:junit:jar:4.7:compile CPL http://junit.sourceforge.net/cpl-v10.html
log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.15:compile ASL
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/license.html
plugin:jar:2.1.6:compile
org.hibernate:hibernate-core:jar:3.3.2.GA:compile GNU LGPL
http://www.hibernate.org/
org.springframework:several files:3.0.0.RELEASE:compile ASL

These (optional) libraries cannot be found in maven repositories and are
bundled into the "lib" directory

- Oracle JDBC driver comes with OTN Development and Distribution License
Agreement
(http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/popup-license/distribution-license.html).
See lib/ojdbc14.license.txt.

- Cloning library (by Konstantinos Kougios) comes with Apache 2.0 license
(http://robust-it.co.uk/clone/index.php). See lib/cloning-1.7.license.txt

==== Other Comments: ====
This is my second submission of the BUILTU. I have addressed all issues
previoulsy specified by Alex Fernandez, including but not limited to:

1) "The file util/clown/doc/readme.txt speaks about "open source". While the
Open Source movement promotes a similar approach to software development to
free software, the GNU project favors the latter for ethical reasons. Please
read about why free software is a better term
<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html>", "That file
also speaks about "an apache license". This contradicts the
license headers." - This file was part of the documentation from Cloning java
library. I have extracted this library into "lib" folder with appropriate
license file.
2) "All pom.xml files need a license header (as an XML comment). Same for
all
other XML files." - the license header is added to all .xml files
3) "A readme file with licensing info for artwork (such as
mime/src/test/resources/test.jpg) is required." - I simply replaced this file
with blank image that has license text printed on it. (since it is just a test
file anyway, I don't actually mind it's look)
4) "A bit of cleanup would probably be good: the tarball contains all .svn" -
I have done svn export instead of svn checkout
directories and all .class files, besides Eclipse artifacts.
5) "Just a detail, but aren't Java packages supposed to be called
"com.builtu..." or "org.builtu..."? They all start with builtu... " - good
point, I've done it.
6) "For convenience, the top directory in builtu.tar.gz should be called
'builtu', not 'code'. " - done it.

==== Tarball URL: ====
http://savannah.gnu.org/submissions_uploads/builtu.tar.gz

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?10340>