[Savannah-register-public] [task #10499] Submission of Toonloop

From: Kete
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10499] Submission of Toonloop
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 04:19:04 +0000

Hi, I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah. While
doing so I have noticed a few problems which are described below.

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the  GNU
GPL, the LICENSE.txt file isn't necessary, but it contains the copyright and
copying permission that should appear at the top of each file (except for the
change log) that can be edited in such a way (unlike images) and is at least
ten lines long. The change log file should have a copyright notice and license
notice at the end since new material is added at the beginning but the end
remains the end. man_toonloop.txt and toonloop.1 are the two root files that
do not follow this model. Their notices are at the end, so please move them to
the beginning of both files. Check
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html if you need
more information. The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

The following files are missing a copyright and copying permission, so please
mention the copyright and the license notice at the top of each file:
INSTALL.txt
Makefile
toonloop.desktop
toonloop.svg
doc/how-to.html
examples/toon-lumakey-high-cut
examples/toon-lumakey-low-cut
rats/flatconfig.py

I'm going to stop there. I've gone through the top level directory and the
first two folders: doc and examples. I checked the first file in rats, so
please check the rest of the project from there. Make sure each text file that
has at least ten lines has a copyright and copying notice at the beginning.

toonloop.png, doc/keyboard_keys.png and any other images cannot be edited
with text, so they require a README file in the top level directory. Just
state the copyright, copying permissions and filenames like this Emacs example
- http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/etc/images/README.

Please make a file called COPYING in the top directory and insert solely the
entire, verbatim GPL3, which may be found at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. To learn why a copy of the GPL must be
included with every copy of the code, for example, see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned above. Make
sure to apply all changes requested, so you will only need to re-register
once. The re-registration URL found in our acknowledgment of your earlier
registration will direct you to the proper location where you can re-register
your project. Regards.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?10499>