[Savannah-register-public] [task #12057] Submission of paranoia auto-bac

From: Aljosha Papsch
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12057] Submission of paranoia auto-backup
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 16:17:28 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => alip2890

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

thanks for submitting your project to Savannah! I looked over your tarball and
noticed the following problematic things:

Your tarball does not contain a top-level directory. This way you could
confuse users since someone might not extract the tarball in an empty
directory. I recommend to move all files in a top-level directory.

You use unusual names for files. I recommend to use COPYING instead of GPL and
README instead of INFO.

The INFO file contains almost only Spanish language. Even though English is
not required in a README file, I urge you to do so.

One section in INFO looked suspiciously like a license information. I
translated it and got "You may copy, modify, share the program or its amended
as stated in the GNU / GPL in its Version 3.".  However, at Savannah we
require that if you release your program under GPL, you include the saying "or
(at your option) any later version". Please amend this.

Every copyrightable file longer than 10 lines needs a proper copyright and
license header. The websites [1] and [2] contain information on how to this.
Please update the files, including source files, the INFO file, HTML files,
etc. You need to do this for image files as well, either by adding a comment
to the file or stating copyright and license in INFO. If it is not possible to
add comments to the language files in media/language, do this in INFO as
well.

And one last thing: You submitted your project specifying AGPL v3 or later.
Your GPL file however contains a copy of GPL v3 or later. Please choose what
to do:
* You replace the GPL file with a verbatim copy of the AGPL v3 and add license
headers saying AGPL v3 or later.
* You add license headers saying GPL v3 or later and I create your project
with GPL v3 or later.

If this seems like an awful lot of work to do, I can only assure you that you
ease the lives of everyone by doing this. Most points are also needed to
fulfill the Savannah hosting requirements [3] and avoid legal issues.

Regards.

[1] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html
[2] https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html
[3] https://savannah.gnu.org/register/requirements.php