[Savannah-register-public] [task #12064] Submission of yasnippet AWK sni

From: Aljosha Papsch
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12064] Submission of yasnippet AWK snippet
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 23:51:32 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => alip2890

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi Adriano,

your project has caused quite some distress :)  I'm evaluating your submission
and was surprised to see that none of your files are longer than 10 lines.
This is indeed an issue, since only files longer than 10 lines are
copyrightable.  I discussed this with Karl Berry on the
savannah-hackers-public mailing list and he means, although the files are so
short, the collection of all files would still be considered copyrightable.

Since the individual files are so tiny, though, it would be pointless to GPL
them.  So my recommendation would be to use a permissive license, such as
Expat.  Include a file named "LICENSE" at the top level with the text from
http://www.jclark.com/xml/copying.txt (changing the copyright line of course),
and then put something like

# License: Expat

into each file.  That would fit into the existing setup.  Plus a top-level
README explaining the situation.

So what do you think? Can you live with that?

Best regards.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?12064>