[Savannah-register-public] [task #12068] Submission of mawk

From: Aljosha Papsch
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12068] Submission of mawk
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:35:40 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => alip2890

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

thanks for submitting your project to Savannah! I'm reviewing your project and
noticed the following issues:

The URL to the tarball is not valid, it leads to an 404 error. Please include
a (perhaps temporary) URL pointing to the source code. Alternatively, you can
forward the code to me by email or attach it to this tracker.

Note that sending code to our repositories _is_ a release, since the code will
then be publicly available through anonymous access.

Another issue: You chose "Other" as the license but wrote that Mawk will be
released under GPL v2. If you mean by this, that you want to release Mawk
under "GNU GPL v2" and not under "GNU GPL v2 or later" (as there is such an
entry in the license list), then I cannot approve your project since it's an
requirement for projects in Savannah to append that wording "or later" (also
in license headers). If you however, intended to release under "GNU GPL v2 or
later" then everything is fine.

For more information on hosting requirements, please see
https://savannah.gnu.org/register/requirements.php and
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToGetYourProjectApprovedQuickly

Regards.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?12068>