[Savannah-register-public] [task #12120] Submission of Sound effect/HRTF

From: Aljosha Papsch
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12120] Submission of Sound effect/HRTF Convolver
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 10:03:08 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => alip2890

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

thanks for submitting your project to Savannah! I'm reviewing your submission
and noticed the following issues:

You submitted your project specifying GNU GPL v2 or later. The source files in
your tarball however contain license headers saying GNU GPL v3 or later. This
is a conflict, so please choose what to do:
* You change the license headers so that they say GNU GPL v2 or later.
* The license headers stay as they are (GPL v3), and I change the license
field of your project to GNU GPL v3 or later (must be done by site
administrators). I'd recommend this, but it's up to you what to do here.

Please include a verbatim copy of the GNU GPL named COPYING in your tarball,
depending on your choice in the paragraph above either the GNU GPL v2
<https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt> or the GNU GPL v3
<https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt> (URLs point to the plain text
versions).

Some files are missing a copyright notice and license header. These are
copyrightable files longer than 10 lines and include shell scripts, auxiliary
files (such as README) as well as sound files (flac) and the HRTF files.
Please add copyright notices and license headers to these files in the style
done in the other source files. If this is not possible for some reason,
please state copyright and license for the files in README (you can group them
together).

I have a proposal for the README file. Please bear in mind that I'm only
_proposing_ this, you don't have to do that:
Since README is a auxiliary file, I recommend to use a permissive license,
such as the one following. It is also used by the INSTALL file, which gets
copied into Autotools projects, so I'm not presenting you something completely
unfounded:

Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification,
are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright
notice and this notice are preserved.  This file is offered as-is,
without warranty of any kind.

If you don't want to use this for the README, please just add a GPL license
header.

Your project meets the requirements in all other aspects. Please update your
files and upload a new tarball here, so I can make sure your project can be
accepted soon.

Best regards.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?12120>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah