[Savannah-register-public] [task #12716] Submission of karakolas

From: Pablo
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12716] Submission of karakolas
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 07:38:11 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
Administration
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=11188> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=11188>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *karakolas*
* System Name:  *karakolas*
* Type: Official GNU software
* License: GNU Affero General Public License v3 or later

----

In Spain and other places, the number of "Grupos de consumo" is increasing
steadily. These are asociations of people that join their shopping baskets so
that they can order their food directly from the local farmers, taking into
account ecological, social and other criteria.

This increase in number opens the possibility of coordination between the
groups, but this must be done in a way that respect each groups right to
choose and its workflow. Many groups have a long tradition and in man of them
the tasks are spread among all members equally, with many non-technical people
managing web tools.

Our proposal is karakolas: a web application for management and coordination
of "grupos de consumo" that grows with the use from several of these groups.
In order to give these groups all waranties:
- we release the code as free software
- we offer information and support for those groups that want to use their own
installation of karakolas
- we design our code so that it can talk to other similar applications (such
as aixada), or to other installs of karakolas, so that managing your own data
in your personal installation of your favorite software is not a obstacle for
coordinating with other groups.

The project is a web2py application, and it depends on latex, and several
light jquery libraries.

==== Other Software Required: ====
web2py (and its dependencies), LGLPv3,web2py.com
some web server and web2py-compatible database (apache + postgresql is fine)
latex
corefive filemanager, MIT license,
http://labs.corefive.com/projects/filemanager/
jquery collpasible panel, (very simple hack, no explicit license, I have asked
the author and I can replace it easily if there is no answer) ,
http://www.darreningram.net/pages/examples/jQuery/CollapsiblePanelPlugin.aspx

==== Other Comments: ====
The dependency list may vary with time, but I will take care that there is no
dependency from non-free software. I'm a fsf member since 2007.
The tarball is not ready yet, please give me a little bit of time to check the
copyright notice at each individual file.
Also, I don't want to release it yet, I need a couple of weeks using some tool
like savannah before I call it ready for general use.

==== Tarball URL: ====
http://savannah.gnu.org/submissions_uploads/karakolas.tar.gz

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?12716>

  Mensaje enviado vía/por Savannah