[Savannah-register-public] [task #12893] Submission of A Brief History o

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12893] Submission of A Brief History of Computing: The GNU Story
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 21:28:50 +0000

Hi Russ.  I see Brandon's and my mail to you crossed paths.  well, it all
comes to pretty much the same thing.

I can activate the project now as nongnu, except for one thing: the license,
which Brandon mentioned in passing.  Are you willing to provisionally go with
the GFDL, barring rms's input?

I am 99% sure he would not want to use CC-SA, since that is incompatible with
everything used in GNU.  (We don't ordinarily accept it on Savannah, either
gnu or nongnu.)  The only time he uses a CC license is for verbatim
reproduction, for essays and such, e.g., on the web site.

Thanks, and by the way, I'm totally looking forward to reading and (if I can)
helping with the book :).

Karl (GNU volunteer since 1986)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?12893>