Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14427] Submission of MetaLogic Inf

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14427] Submission of MetaLogic Inference
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 18:23:08 +0200

> On 29 Mar 2017, at 16:00, Pavel Kharitonov <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> All distributed files, including ._src,
> src/._Makefile.in,

The files with names starting with ._ should not be in the distribution: they
are metadata files added by MacOS (OS X).

> src/parser.output,

The .output file can be removed: it is generated by Bison, and just contains a
description of the parser states. (Perhaps not copyrightable if kept, as it is
machine generated.)

> Readme.txt,

That can be added: I see now that the Bison distribution has it at the bottom
in its README.

> examples/main.mli, examples/main.mlo,
> should have valid copyright and license notices [0]; could you fix this?

The .mli file is just an example file, not a part of the program itself, and
the .mlo file is generated from the former file by the program.

These are files corresponding in the Bison distribution to doc/examples/, and
there, calc++.cc does not have a copyright notice.

> Also, "mli" is a too short name; could you use something like
> meta-logic-inference?

GNU Evaluation said it was fine as a program name. Do you want a longer name
for the archive?