[Savannah-register-public] [task #14414] Submission of GNUstep Non-FSF

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14414] Submission of GNUstep Non-FSF
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 17:29:19 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #22, task #14414 (project administration):

let me skip for now to the other thing you mentioned:

<address@hidden>
>// (C) Copyright 1995, but otherwise this file is perfect freeware.
>
>Could you clarify the status of that file? Generally, "freeware" is
proprietary software.

What are you asking me to do? Actually, what do you propose to do?
I cannot "clarify" the status of a file written 22 years ago by somebody I do
not know: written before all this license fuss. What do you propose to do? It
is clearly code adapted again and again.

Before doing any other work or discussion on notices about other files, I'll
wait for something reasonable to discuss about.
Remove the notice? Lie and relicense? drop that software part? stop pursuing
any acceptanse of GNUMail into savannah.gnu.org ? any proposed alternatives
for a different software repository?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14414>