[Savannah-register-public] [task #14527] Submission of Tangomon

From: Julie Marchant
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14527] Submission of Tangomon
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 08:48:50 -0400 (EDT)

I don't think I can assert a copyright notice for these files. I have no idea
when they were copyrighted, and the original authors did not include a
copyright notice. Can you please give me an example of what you want me to do?
Is indicating in that blurb at the top that "author" means "copyright holder"
sufficient? In other words, changing it to this:

> This file lists the licenses, copyright holders ("authors"), and sources
> for all the files found in this directory and its sub-directories.

Please let me know.

> README.txt also has no copyright notice.

I beg to differ:

> This file has been dedicated to the public domain, to the extent
> possible under applicable law, via CC0. See
> http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ for more
> information. This file is offered as-is, without any warranty.

Yes, it's not a copyright statement, but the file is in the public domain and
this statement is a declaration of that.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14527>