[Savannah-register-public] [task #14571] Submission of Comparison Plotte

From: Marco van Hulten
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14571] Submission of Comparison Plotter to visually evaluate ocean model simulations
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 16:11:49 -0400 (EDT)

I can add a copyright notice with licence for the logo (GPL-3+).

The data/coords_*.csv files are station coordinates.  Even though it is
derived from datasets, I would think a list of coordinates is not
copyrightable.

The other data files may be more difficult.  As I note in the README_data.md,
it is a practice to use the data for any (scientific?) purpose.  It is a huge
problem in science (at least in my field) that my colleges don't understand
the importance of copyright.  I do not know how to handle this.

Maybe I can refer to a tar ball on my own website.  This would mean that
already when running the demo (scripts/complot_demo.jnl) users would need to
download this third-party data.  We could create the Savannah repository in
such a way (so not non-free stuff in the repository but referring to those
data), and figure out the best solution after that.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14571>