[Savannah-register-public] [task #14604] Submission of Encorrientador Un

From: Andrei Shishkin
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14604] Submission of Encorrientador Unido
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 16:54:08 -0400 (EDT)

I have read GNU Software Evaluation terms and want to change project group to
“non-GNU software and documentation” and retain GNU GPL v3 license since I
providing sources for this project in early development stage.

Regarding license of dependencies –  the jQuery source file I’m relying on
is of a version 2.1.3 and have MIT License. It can be found here
https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.3/jquery.js or on their
repository at GitHub https://github.com/jquery/jquery/releases/tag/2.1.3 . It
says that jQuery also includes Sizzle.js code which is distributed under their
own license https://github.com/jquery/sizzle/blob/master/LICENSE.txt.
Sizzle’s license as well as PubNub permits commercial use of copies of their
software though.
Should I completely remove dependencies on jQuery routines? It is compatible
with GNU GPL v3 to have a dependency on a library with portions of code from
different library that license may be incompatible with GPL?

Other than jQuery there are crypto-js v3.1.2 library code inclusion, bonzo JS
utility v2.0.0, and modalEffects.js v1.0.0 from http://www.codrops.com.
modalEffects.js and bonzo are licensed under the MIT license –
https://github.com/ded/bonzo/blob/master/LICENSE ,
https://github.com/codrops/ModalWindowEffects/blob/master/js/modalEffects.js .
License of crypto-js can be found here
https://code.google.com/archive/p/crypto-js/wikis/License.wiki .
Please excuse me for that I didn’t specified those required or included
dependencies.

I can’t see tarball uploading in Savannah task commenting form so I have set
up temporarily repository on GitHub and my development branch recently
https://github.com/Ftohyke/encorrientador-unido/tree/pagebased. You can check
it instead in case if you want to review sources which I intend to publish in
Savannah repository lately.
Regardless of GitHub repository I have serious intention to contribute my
project to GNU open source operating system and hopefully find some community
support after completion of this work.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14604>