[Savannah-register-public] [task #15388] Submission of libcrash

From: Asher Gordon
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #15388] Submission of libcrash
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 22:53:41 -0400 (EDT)

About the src/sig2str.c business:

I realized that lib/sig2str.c in Coreutils it is not actually from Coreutils,
but rather Gnulib (which Coreutils uses). I figured it would be better if I
did the same, and used Gnulib rather than trying to implement sig2str.c
myself.

So that is what I did, and now I use the same file as Coreutils, which is
purely copyrighted by the FSF, and has a notice saying so (it's licensed under
GPLv3+).

I will put this new tarball in the Savannah download area and I will not put
the old one there. But is it OK if I have the old src/sig2str.c in the git
history when I upload to Savannah? I can edit the git history and put in the
correct copyright notice if it turns out that src/sig2str.c is copyrightable
by the FSF.

I have attached the new tarball (I made a few other minor changes too). If
you'd like, I can also attach a git tarball made with `git archive'.

(file #47512)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: libcrash-0.1a1.tar.gz          Size:376 KB
    <https://savannah.nongnu.org/file/libcrash-0.1a1.tar.gz?file_id=47512>

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15388>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/