[task #15824] Submission of libvfio-user

From: Ineiev
Subject: [task #15824] Submission of libvfio-user
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 05:45:37 -0500 (EST)

[comment #2 comment #2:]

> All our file have a copyright and license notice

I'm sorry, I didn't proceed after it turned out that the first non-trivial
file I checked, README.md, lacked the notices.

> except
https://github.com/nutanix/libvfio-user/blob/master/include/vfio-user.h which
doesn't have an author. This file is based on another BSD3-licensed project
(SPDK).

That file also need a copyright notice (lists of the authors don't matter).

> Also, the license is in file LICENSE, does it have to be renamed to
COPYING?

In this case, it doesn't matter: you use a short permissive license, it should
be included in every file, anyway.

> We didn't include a copyright and license notice in trivial files (e.g.
.gitignore) as explained in
https://savannah.nongnu.org/maintenance/ValidNotices/.

This is correct.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15824>