[task #15939] Submission of Perl::PrereqScanner::Scanner::DistZilla::Plu

From: Asher Gordon
Subject: [task #15939] Submission of Perl::PrereqScanner::Scanner::DistZilla::PluginBundle
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 13:53:51 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves
or discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process,
*approving or discarding the registration must be done using the specific
Group Administration
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=12141> page*,
accessible only to site administrators,
effectively *logged as site administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=12141>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *Perl::PrereqScanner::Scanner::DistZilla::PluginBundle*
* System Name:  *bundle-scanner*
* Type: non-GNU software and documentation
* License: GNU General Public License v3 or later (I've licensed supporting
files (Changes, dist.ini) under the GNU All-Permissive license. Does that make
sense for these files, or would it be better to license them under GPLv3+ like
the whole?)

----

This is a prerequisite scanner plugin for Perl::PrereqScanner
<https://metacpan.org/pod/Perl::PrereqScanner>. It is designed to scan plugin
bundles for Dist::Zilla <https://metacpan.org/pod/Dist::Zilla> and Pod::Weaver
<https://metacpan.org/pod/Pod::Weaver>, and detect any required plugins or
plugin bundles (or Pod::Weaver sections).

== Other Software Required: ==
Configure (build) dependencies:

    Name: ExtUtils::MakeMaker
    License: GPLv1+ or the Artistic License
    Website: https://metacpan.org/pod/ExtUtils::MakeMaker

Development dependencies:

    Name: Test::Pod
    License: GPLv1+ or the Artistic License
    Website: https://metacpan.org/pod/Test::Pod

    Name: Dist::Zilla::PluginBundle::Author::ASDAGO
    License: GPLv3+
    Not released yet, but I will submit it to Savannah after this project gets
accepted.

Runtime dependencies:

    Name: Moose
    License: GPLv1+ or the Artistic License
    Website: https://metacpan.org/pod/Moose

    Name: Perl::PrereqScanner::Scanner
    License: GPLv1+ or the Artistic License
    Website: https://metacpan.org/pod/Perl::PrereqScanner::Scanner

    Name: Pod::Weaver::Config::Assembler
    License: GPLv1+ or the Artistic License
    Website: https://metacpan.org/pod/Pod::Weaver::Config::Assembler

    Name: namespace::autoclean
    License: GPLv1+ or the Artistic License
    Website: https://metacpan.org/pod/namespace::autoclean

    Name: perl
    License: GPLv1+ or the Artistic License
    Website: https://dev.perl.org/perl5/

Testing dependencies:

    Name: Perl::PrereqScanner
    License: GPLv1+ or the Artistic License
    Website: https://metacpan.org/pod/Perl::PrereqScanner

    Name: Test::More
    License: GPLv1+ or the Artistic License
    Website: https://metacpan.org/pod/Test::More

See also
Perl-PrereqScanner-Scanner-DistZilla-PluginBundle/release/META.{json,yml}.

== Other Comments: ==
The attached tarball contains two directories under the root directory:
development and release. The development directory contains what will go in
the git repository, whereas the release directory contains what will go in the
release tarball (built by 'dzil build', and what I will release on CPAN
<https://www.cpan.org/>.

Also, the LICENSE file in the release is automatically built using
Software::License::GPL_3::or_later
<https://metacpan.org/pod/Software::License::GPL_3::or_later>. However, a
LICENSE (or COPYING) file is also required even in the git repository,
correct? So I also added a LICENSE in the development directory. Note that
this LICENSE does not include a copyright and license notice, whereas the
release version does (because this is how Dist::Zilla
<https://metacpan.org/pod/Dist::Zilla> and Software::License::GPL_3::or_later
<https://metacpan.org/pod/Software::License::GPL_3::or_later> do it by
default).

I'm also going to release two more similar projects, but they will likely have
similar issues to this one (if any), so I will wait until this project is
accepted to submit my other ones. Should I also include the release directory
in the other two like I did for this one?

Finally, for the system name I was going to do the full name with "::"
replaced by "-", but the system didn't like that (presumably because it was
too long). Then I was going to use "plugin-bundle-scanner", but that didn't
work either. So instead, I went with "bundle-scanner". Is that an acceptable
system name for this project? It's not that descriptive (doesn't even mention
Perl or Dist::Zilla or even plugins or prerequisites), but the full name is
descriptive, of course.

== Tarball URL: ==
https://savannah.nongnu.org/submissions_uploads/Perl-PrereqScanner-Scanner-DistZilla-PluginBundle.tar.gz

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15939>