savannah-users

Re: Authenticating git.savannah.gnu.org

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: Authenticating git.savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 01:23:38 -0700

> On May 5, 2022, at 10:30 PM, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Yuan,
>
> Ineiev wrote:
>> Yuan Fu wrote:
>>> debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,password
>>> debug1: Offering public key: yuan@Brown ED25519
>>> SHA256:xDlZxIRWzZBaA+Xg/J/Y4O96EtMj7ezWrbtLIN0Bgm4 agent
>>> debug3: send packet: type 50
>>> debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
>>> debug3: receive packet: type 51
>>>
>>> Seems my key is rejected?
>>
>> Yes. The fingerprint of the key registered in your account is
>>
>> SHA256:jCGSDL+P+BqJ+v0NdXDABsY1I3Y7cjMXhb/5qG+haTc yuan@Brown (ED25519)
>>
>> Probably ssh offers a wrong key.
>
> Did this eventually get resolved?

Thank you for following up with this. Embarrassingly I still couldn’t get it to
work. In the previous message I posted the wrong output so it looks like I used
the wrong key. I confirmed afterwards that the key I uploaded to savannah is in
fact tried by ssh. I also used the key on a machine on my local network and it
seems to work fine. I uploaded another key and still no luck. I’m not really
sure how to debug this.

I’ve read the debug page, in fact me trying to login with ssh is by following
the debug instructions. But I don’t know how to proceed from here.

Thanks,
Yuan