savannah-users

Re: Question on new project

From: Jan Owoc
Subject: Re: Question on new project
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 15:45:15 -0600

Hello Nikolaos,

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 12:30 PM Nikolaos Chatzikonstantinou
<nchatz314@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to host a new project. It's currently sitting on my local
> drive in an unfinished state, but I would like to share it before its first
> release, to get input from others and so on.

I believe that Savannah accepts only projects that are somewhat complete.

> I wanted to ask you, where can I share it? Is it on
> <https://savannah.nongnu.org/>? Can I later start an application to have it
> hosted on <https://savannah.gnu.org/>?

If it's not a GNU package, then nongnu is where you would host it.
This is where you can register your package, and then someone will
evaluate whether you meet the criteria for hosting on Savannah (free
license, no nonfree dependencies).
https://savannah.nongnu.org/register/

Jan
Savannah user, just like you