savannah-users

Re: want to reset password, but email is defunct

From: Tim Rice
Subject: Re: want to reset password, but email is defunct
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2022 21:31:27 +0000

What do other Savannah hackers think?

Just playing devil's advocate, what if smcpeak@coverity.com is not really
defunct, and the gmail address is a sock puppet?

I don't claim it is. But I do claim that people can behave in cruel and unusual
ways.

So, I'm not saying "don't reinstate it." However, as a precaution, perhaps an
email should be sent to smcpeak@coverity.com first. Advise of a request for account
recovery, and wait a couple of days to see what happens. Hopefully the email bounces, and
hopefully there is no indignant response saying they never asked for an account reset ;)

Trust, but verify.

~ Tim