schemix-devel

Re: [Schemix-devel] Re: Install instructions for RedHat 9

From: Dr William Bland
Subject: Re: [Schemix-devel] Re: Install instructions for RedHat 9
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:58:01 +0000

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 12:29:29AM +0200, David Suárez de Lis wrote:

> Dr William Bland writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >     There are now some fairly detailed instructions
> > on installing Schemix on RedHat 9 at:
> >
> > http://www.abstractnonsense.com/schemix/redhat9-install.html
> >
> > Please let me know if you find any mistakes!
>
> For now, just one question: where is the kernel-2.4.spec file? my
> /usr/src/redhat/SPECS dir is empty, but rpm -qi kernel-source reports
> everything was installed...

Hi David,
        The "kernel-source" package appears to be something slightly
different to the kernel source package!

The correct rpm to install should have a name something like

kernel-2.4.20-8.src.rpm

rather than

kernel-source-2.4.20-8.i386.rpm

If you install the ".src.rpm" file you should find the required spec file.
Hope that helps.
Best wishes,
                Bill.
--
Dr. William Bland.                          Computer Programmer, UK.
www.abstractnonsense.com