schemix-devel

Re: [Schemix-devel] Schemix as a kernel module

From: Dr William Bland
Subject: Re: [Schemix-devel] Schemix as a kernel module
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 13:40:45 +0000

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 09:08:16AM +0000, Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de
Matos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to have Schemix as a kernel module? It would be
> great and easier to work with. Now I have to be patching the kernel when
> I compile a new kernel and that somewhat bothers me. I'd like to be free
> from that and have a module that I compile and install whenever I want.
> Like the nvidia kernel driver for example.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Paulo Matos

Hi Paulo,
        It has been possible to build Schemix as a module for a while now,
using code from CVS.

I also plan to release a new version in a few days which will contain
some pre-built modules (probably for RedHat9 i386 and i586 - people
should speak up NOW if they want others included, but bear in mind I
don't have access to non-intel hardware).

Best wishes,
                Bill.
--
Dr. William Bland.                          Computer Programmer, UK.
www.abstractnonsense.com