schemix-devel

Re: [Schemix-devel] (repost) Project status query

From: Dr William Bland
Subject: Re: [Schemix-devel] (repost) Project status query
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 08:17:34 +0000

Hello,
        Well, I have to admit that I have done no work on Schemix for a
long time.  I saw very little interest from people in the project, and
decided to move on to other things (for example porting Linux to new
hardware - see my home-page http://www.abstractnonsense.com/ for details).

I do still think fondly of Schemix though, and would love to think that
the project could be revived.  Coincidentally, Francois-Rene Rideau from
the TUNES project recently contacted me about the possibility of doing an
ARM port of Schemix.  The hardware I'm currently porting Linux to is also
ARM based, so it could be that Schemix becomes useful after all.  BTW,
Francois, I will re-release the Schemix source files this weekend - as
you pointed out they got deleted from savannah.

If anyone still reads this list and is still interested in Schemix, please
do post to this list suggestions on how the Schemix project might be
revived.  I'd like to think the idea was not entirely without merit!

Best wishes,
                Bill.
--
Dr. William Bland.                             www.abstractnonsense.com
Computer Programmer.                              awksedgrep (Yahoo IM)