schemix-devel

Re: [Schemix-devel] Using AVCALL library to call random functions in the

From: Cory Cross
Subject: Re: [Schemix-devel] Using AVCALL library to call random functions in the kernel
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:02:23 -0500

Hi Bill,
    I updated schemix to use AVCALL, but it now segfaults in an area I
didn't touch. I'm trying to set up user-mode linux so I can use the
debugger.

    My tree is uploaded under patches on savannah. Can I get cvs access?
I put in a request through the system.

    You may be able to give me a clue about my current problem.
According to your example, the first one should work, but I get the
error shown. I think the last one is the way it should work, but
op_ctype() gets called with car(sc->code) == 0, so something along the
line is not working. Clues?
# echo "(kernel-lambda (char*) kernel::printk)" > /dev/schemix && cat
/dev/schemix
Error: eval: unbound variable: char*
# echo "(kernel-lambda ('char*) kernel::printk)" > /dev/schemix && cat
/dev/schemix
Error: illegal function char*
# echo "(kernel-lambda '(char*) kernel::printk)" > /dev/schemix && cat
/dev/schemix
...oops printed...

Thanks,
    Cory Cross