screen-devel

[screen-devel] [Patch] Add support for Alt + Key

From: masterenoc
Subject: [screen-devel] [Patch] Add support for Alt + Key
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2022 04:49:39 +0100 (CET)

Hi All,

I have been hacking Gnu Screen to add support for alt keys, and it may
add some value to Screen, please check the attached patch and let me
know what you think. Notice that the patch was based on the v.4.9.0
tag, but it should work in the master branch since the modified files
have not been touched in years.

The patch adds support for Alt keys with '@' notation, the '@' will be
the textual representation of Alt within the bind, escape, defescape
and markkeys commands; the patch also adds some comments and changes
the name of some variables within src/process.c file.

I tested the changes manually, since I did not find any test suite,
but it was not an exhaustive test since I am using only a small subset
of Screen capabilities; nevertheless, the changes seems to be self-contained
within the logic of the commands and process.c, which, at least for
me, makes it harder to add bugs outside of the commands logic.

I found some discrepancies in the coding style, some files use K&R
C (src/process.c) code and other file use ISO C; Some files use
Gnu C code style while other files disregard this Gnu code style. In
case my patch gets accepted please let me know if I should modify the
C style of the modified files.

Best regards,

Bryan Hernández